Glen Roy Methodist Episcopal Church on Spruce street August 19, 2015

The church bell from this church is now located at Calvary Connection Church, Glen Roy

photo by Tyrone Hemry

Glenroy Community Freewill Baptist Church

photo by Tyrone Hemry 15 Oct 2015

Glen Roy Methodist Episcopal Church on Spruce street

Glenroy, Ohio

Named for Andrew Roy who founded it and who was Ohio's first Chief of Mines Inspector. The "glen" refers to a Scottish mountain valley. Name changed to Glenroy 12 Jul 1893. Post office was discontinued 30 Jul 1921

Glenroy Post Office was located at: Latitude: 39.1125718 - Longitude: -82.579051

Post Master in 1885 at Glen  Roy was J. H. Rice a republican

The Calvary Connection Church of Glenroy, Ohio also the location of WAJB- LP at 92.5 MHZ
photo by Tyrone Hemry July 16, 2016

Looking east from Hardscrapple road

photo by Tyrone Hemry 15 October 2015

Sand Mine at Glennel, Ohio, June 24, 1901 

Bob Lewis collection

photo by Tyrone Hemry 15 Oct 2015

Looking west in middle of Glenroy

photo by Tyrone Hemry 15 Oct 2015

Glenroy and Glennell , OhioYester Years

Glen Roy had two depots.  The Hocking Valley, also used by the Wellston Jackson Beltway, was on the west side of 1st Street on the north side of the tracks. The Ohio Southern (later know as D T & I) was between 1st and 2nd Streets on the north side of the tracks. The station was gone by 1921.


Untitled

Glennell Church on Von-Glennell road 

photo by Tyrone Hemry July 12, 2012

Glen Roy, Ohio School Building about 1910

photo by Tyrone Hemry 15 Oct 2015

Glennell Church on Von-Glennell road 

photo by Tyrone Hemry  31 October 2014

Ohio South Central Train with engine 2153 heading west to Jackson through Glen Roy 18 November 2015

photos by Tyrone Hemry

Please email additions or corrections to hladvertising@hotmail.com

Or mail to Waverly City Guide, 455 Hay Hollow Road, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601

Looking west in middle of Glenroy

photo by Tyrone Hemry 15 Oct 2015

Glennell , Ohio

Lat:  39°8'51" N   (or 39.15° N)Lon:  -82°37'16" W   (or -82.62° W)

Note the big bell was originally at the Glen Roy Methodist Episcopal Church and is now located at The Calvary Connection Church of Glenroy, Ohio

photo by Tyrone Hemry July 16, 2016